A Totally Rad Total Rewards Glossary
Glossary of Employee Recognition, Total Rewards, and Company Culture Terms
Incentive programs are a type of employee recognition program that rewards and incentivizes employees for meeting specific goals or objectives. These programs can include rewards such as gift cards, trips, or even cash bonuses, and are designed with three goals in mind:
- To encourage employees to perform at their best
- To achieve their targets and goals.
- To develop and reinforce positive, productive behaviors
Enhance Your Total Rewards
Total rewards can be intimidating—but Awardco makes it easy to build culture, drive behavior, and recognize the good around you. Learn more about how we help enhance your total rewards today.Get a Demo
What is the impact of incentive programs?
Incentive programs reward employees for their work—they have the power to drive productivity, foster teamwork, and create value-driven behaviors. Incentives can also improve employee motivation, productivity, and engagement because when employees feel recognized and rewarded for their hard work, they are more likely to feel satisfied with their jobs and more engaged in their work.
How can incentive programs impact employee engagement and motivation?
Incentive programs can have a positive impact on employee engagement and motivation by providing clear, value-driven goals and objectives for employees to work towards. When employees have specific targets to meet, they are more likely to be motivated and engaged in their work, leading to improved performance and productivity. Additionally, incentive programs can help create a sense of friendly competition among employees, further driving motivation and engagement.
What are best practices for creating incentive programs?
To create the best incentives and avoid any potential incentive pitfalls, keep these best practices in mind:
- Set clear and specific goals: The goals and objectives of the program should be clearly defined and communicated to employees.
- Focus on far-reaching incentives. Make sure the goals are attainable by everyone so that no one feels left out. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve something.
- Use a variety of rewards: Offering a variety of rewards, such as gift cards, trips, and cash bonuses, can help keep employees motivated and engaged. Or better yet, let employees choose their own rewards.
- Celebrate successes: Celebrating and recognizing employees for their successes can help create a positive work culture and foster a sense of teamwork.